[Samba] Samab 4.11.1 for rhel7/centos7 rpms

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Fri Oct 25 13:58:52 UTC 2019

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019, Sérgio Basto wrote:

> Hello, count with me,  "my" project [1] , I have sync my spec from Nico
> repo, I think the biggest difference is I'm using all internal
> libraries ...

Hi Sergio and Nico,

I revisited nico's SPEC main samba 4.11 SPEC file last night to see if I
had missed much and found huge similarities (we must have have forked
Fedora's spec file at some point in the past - Mine was also mostly
inspired by TranquilIT's SPEC file). The main difference is that the Nico
rpms don't use the RHEL system libraries (gnutls, nettle..) e.g:

Our SPEC file:
 	%if 0%{?rhel} == 7
 	BuildRequires: gnutls-devel >= 3.3.26
 	%else
 	BuildRequires: gnutls-devel >= 3.4.7
 	%endif
Nico's file:
 	%if 0%{?rhel} && 0%{?rhel} < 8
 	BuildRequires: compat-gnutls34-devel >= 3.4.7
 	BuildRequires: compat-nettle32-devel
 	%else
 	BuildRequires: gnutls-devel >= 3.4.7
 	%endif # rhel < 8

This was something we discussed on the list some time ago and it was
deemed that the lower gnutls requirement was fine on RHEL7/Centos7 due to
the backports included therein. We've made different choices and until
samba's code requires a higher version I see no reason to push a newer
gnutls requirement onto the users.

I do like Nico's idea of using git sub-modules, his repo is much cleaner
than what I've been using but I'm mostly focused on providing rpms for
people to consume without having to rebuild them.

We should definitely join forces and see what we can learn from one
another.

Kind regards,

Vincent