[Samba] Samab 4.11.1 for rhel7/centos7 rpms

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 10:38:02 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 10:52 PM Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-10-24 at 21:38 -0400, Vincent S. Cojot via samba wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Oct 2019, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> >
> > > You do realize I've been publishing .spec files and build tools for
> > > all of this for a while now, with hooks to build for CentOS  7, 8,
> > > and
> > > Fedora 30 with full AD features enabled for a few years now? My
> > > source
> > > repo is over at https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo .
> >
> > Yes, I am aware of your efforts. Your project is much more
> > elaborate/extensive in scope than mine: I barely seek to provide
> > samba
> > AD/DC rpms for people to use on RHEL/Centos.
> >
> > Now that RHEL7 has python3 in extras, I guess it would
> > be easier to join forces. Right now, I'm focused on adapting the
> > "upstream" Fedora spec file to RHEL to minimize changes for it to
> > work
> > properly. I'm in touch with Gunther (one of the maintainers) to try

EPEL has had python 3.6 built in for a while. If we use
"%python3_package" options judiciously, we can use the EPEL python
tools, and now that it's built into RHEL 7 and CentOS 7 we can use use
pretty painfully. It's why I've been switching "python3-" tp
"pyton%{python3_package}" options.

> > > I'm curious if you left the "--with-experimental-mit-ad-dc"
> > > features
> > > enabled, because I turned those off as "not yet ready for prime
> > > time".
> >
> > In what SPEC file did you see that? It's not in any of my SPEC
> > files..
>
> I think we are talking about disabling MIT Kerberos integration and
> enabling optional Heimdal Kerberos with Domain Controller functionality

Yeah, it's available in the latest configure options, and it's used in
the current Fedora rawhide.

> Hello, count with me,  "my" project [1] , I have sync my spec from Nico
> repo, I think the biggest difference is I'm using all internal
> libraries ...

> BTW @Nico do you accept pull request ? , I have lots of simplifications
> on samba.spc ( you may see my latest commits)

Certainly! It's a good reason to use github. A pull request would take
making a fork of whatever one of my submodules needs the patch. I'd
also review a submitted patch.

> Thanks,
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/sergiomb2/sambaad
> The first patch is for disabling MIT Kerberos integration and enabling
> optional Heimdal Kerberos with Domain Controller functionality in the
> Redhat/Fedora package i.e. with MIT Kerberos we not have a fully
> functional PDC.

I think I already did this to enable the full domain controller with
Heimdal Kerberos? Th is is how it used to enable domain controllers
for CentOS 7.