[Samba] Samab 4.11.1 for rhel7/centos7 rpms

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 23:32:45 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 12:43 PM Vincent S. Cojot via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In case anyone's interested, I've posted some rpm builds of samba 4.11.1
> for RHEL/Centos 7.x (currently 7.7). The samba 4.11.1 SPEC file is closely
> based on the Fedora Samba 4.11.1 SPEC file with some additions for using
> Samba as an AD/DC.

You do realize I've been publishing .spec files and build tools for
all of this for a while now, with hooks to build for CentOS  7, 8, and
Fedora 30 with full AD features enabled for a few years now? My source
repo is over at https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo .

I'm curious if you left the "--with-experimental-mit-ad-dc" features
enabled, because I turned those off as "not yet ready for prime time".

And yes, the switch to python3 is important.