[Samba] Samab 4.11.1 for rhel7/centos7 rpms

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Fri Oct 25 01:38:04 UTC 2019

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> You do realize I've been publishing .spec files and build tools for
> all of this for a while now, with hooks to build for CentOS  7, 8, and
> Fedora 30 with full AD features enabled for a few years now? My source
> repo is over at https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo .

Yes, I am aware of your efforts. Your project is much more
elaborate/extensive in scope than mine: I barely seek to provide samba
AD/DC rpms for people to use on RHEL/Centos.

Now that RHEL7 has python3 in extras, I guess it would
be easier to join forces. Right now, I'm focused on adapting the
"upstream" Fedora spec file to RHEL to minimize changes for it to work
properly. I'm in touch with Gunther (one of the maintainers) to try

> I'm curious if you left the "--with-experimental-mit-ad-dc" features
> enabled, because I turned those off as "not yet ready for prime time".

In what SPEC file did you see that? It's not in any of my SPEC files..

Regards,

Vincent