[Samba] NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Timothy Brewer timothy.brewer at wyo.gov
Thu Oct 24 23:07:16 UTC 2019

hmm, got called away from this project this afternoon. When I came back, I
discovered I am getting almost the same error again:
../source3/auth/auth.c:334(auth_check_ntlm_password)
  check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [user.name] -> [user.name]
FAILED with error NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE, authoritative=1.
The difference in the error is the username is no longer prefaced with the
domain name, which seems to imply that the file server is not joined except
I have flushed the cache and tested the join (Join is ok).
My brain is turning to mush...

of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed
to third parties.