[Samba] Samba domain users AWOL from Samba file server.

John Redmond barkingdoggy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 16:56:46 UTC 2019

Using samba-tool on my samba DC, I created several users.  On my separate
samba file server, joined to the domain, all the users are listed as
belonging to Domain Users ( getent group "Domain Users").  However, several
domain users are missing from the passwd database on the file server (i.e.,
nothing returned when I run getent passwd user3).   Why would that be?
Each user has its own uidNumber set using the Windows ADUC RSAT tool.

Thank you.

John Redmond