[Samba] Roaming profiles

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 21 14:34:50 UTC 2019

On 21/10/2019 15:23, Tom via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick question about Roaming Profiles : Is there a way to force
> Windows to use Roaming Profils only on the share network, and without
> local copy ?
>
> I set Roaming Profile on a samba share with a GPO, but some users have
> a big profile so login is very slow
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

That is the problem with roaming folders, some users want to store
everything in their profile, then complain that it takes them ages to
login. As far as I am aware, you can either use profiles or not use
them, there isn't really a half way house.

You could try folder redirection instead, or setting quotas.

Rowland