[Samba] Winbind and caching - idmap, DC
Alexey A Nikitin
nikitin at amazon.com
Fri Oct 18 17:26:32 UTC 2019
I have few questions about Winbind on AD DS domain member I'm having difficulty finding answers to in the docs on my own:
* does Winbind remember the last DC it was connected to on shutdown, will it attempt to connect to the same DC on restart or will it go through DC location process again?
* If yes, will that information be wiped out when one runs 'net cache flush'?
* If yes, is 'net cache flush' necessary when changing idmap configuration? It seems even after winbind restart querying user info still returns old UID, before the idmap config change :-/
* If yes, can the cache be wiped out selectively, only the idmap cache without the last DC cache (assuming the answer to first question is yes)?
* If no, can 'net cache flush' be done while Winbind is running, will it achieve the desired effect with regards to SID-UID id mapping change without losing connection to a particular DC?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the samba