[Samba] test package samba 411 for buster (only amd64)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Oct 14 15:06:40 UTC 2019

Hai,

Its a long wait, but im having a package uploaded to the buster-experimental repo.
For the people that want to test a bit for me and i need you guys here, because i dont have any Mac's.

There is currently a samba 4.11 ( base on the debian -11 version ) with a few not documentated changes yet.
Its a almost finished test build, but i needs some people to test the spotlight part.

I make a small change and moved spotlight to a separated package but im not able to test that, i have 0 mac's here..

You can install samba as normal (samba winbind), but if you want spotlight support install..  (samba winbind samba-spotlight)

Before i can publish new 4.11 packages these things must be correct and since i dont use these myself, so im asking for your help..

DO NOT INSTALL THESE ON PRODUCTION SERVERS !!!!

Samba test packages depends on repo: buster-samba411
And the 4.11 packages are in : buster-experimental

You know where to get these..
please report the good and the bad things if you see/have them.

Sofar,

Greetz,

Louis