[Samba] Detect version of smb being employed

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Mon Oct 14 14:00:59 UTC 2019

Hi Gerard,

Le 10/14/2019 à 02:27 PM, Gerard Seibert via samba a écrit :
> Samba is not showing up on my Win 10 PRO machine.I can access the
> shares if I use the machines hostname or IP, though.

Depending on what protocol you use, it may be normal, as network
browsing (through netbios or llmnr) is not a required functionality. You
don't give enough information about you network to tell if it is normal
or not in your case.

> How can I
> determine what version of “smb” is being used?

Using smbstatus, you can see which smb protocol is used by each client
connection.

 > I have set “client max
> protocol = SMB3” in the config file; however, I am not sure if it is
> being used.

If you wand to be sure client machine are using smb3, you have to set
server min protocol = SMB3

Cheers,

Denis

--