[Samba] how to automatically create the home directory

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 10 14:09:09 UTC 2019

On 10/10/2019 14:49, Roy Eastwood wrote:
> [...]
First, I have never claimed to know everything and the script was a
collaboration with Louis, so he doesn't know either ;-)

Having said that, 'Authenticated Users' is a Windows only group and
Samba knows nothing about it:

rowland at devstation:~$ wbinfo -n Authenticated\ Users
failed to call wbcLookupName: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not lookup name Authenticated Users

rowland at devstation:~$ wbinfo -S S-1-5-11
failed to call wbcSidToUid: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not convert sid S-1-5-11 to uid

So not having 'Authenticated Users' is probably not a problem.

Rowland