[Samba] security = ads parameter not working in samba 4.9.5

Sac Isilia udaypratap.singh65 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 11:28:43 UTC 2019

Hi Rowland,

I get below error while running the script again.

bash samba-collect-debug-info.sh > samba-output
kinit: Client's credentials have been revoked while getting initial
credentials

 cat samba-output
Please wait, collecting debug info.

Wrong password or kerberos REALM problems, exiting now.

Below is my /etc/krb5.conf

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = EMEA.MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC

# The following krb5.conf variables are only for MIT Kerberos.
        kdc_timesync = 1
        ccache_type = 4
        forwardable = true
        proxiable = true

# The following encryption type specification will be used by MIT Kerberos
# if uncommented.  In general, the defaults in the MIT Kerberos code are
# correct and overriding these specifications only serves to disable new
# encryption types as they are added, creating interoperability problems.
#
# The only time when you might need to uncomment these lines and change
# the enctypes is if you have local software that will break on ticket
# caches containing ticket encryption types it doesn't know about (such as
# old versions of Sun Java).

#       default_tgs_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1
#       default_tkt_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1
#       permitted_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1

# The following libdefaults parameters are only for Heimdal Kerberos.
        fcc-mit-ticketflags = true

[realms]

        MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC = {
        kdc = 10.11.137.100
        default_domain = media.global.loc
        admin_server = 10.11.137.100
}

        EMEA.MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC = {
        kdc = 10.10.136.95
        default_domain = media.global.loc
        admin_server = 10.10.136.95
}

[domain_realm]

 media.global.loc = MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC
 .media.global.loc = MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC
.emea-media.global.loc = EMEA.MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC
 emea-media.global.loc = EMEA.MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC

Regards
Sachin Kumar