[Samba] Is there a way to show group quota on windows clients

Allen Chen achen at harbourfrontcentre.com
Thu Nov 21 16:32:14 UTC 2019

Hi there,

I have Samba 4.6.8 DCs and some member servers. They are working good
with user quota showing up on windows clients.

How do I make group quota show up on windows clients instead of user quota?

This is my situation:

Step 1: on member server, I make a new share with a dedicated file
system(100G) with group quota activated(20G for grp1, no user quota setup).

Step 2: from windows client, I map the above share(of cause I'm in the
group grp1 with the 20G space), and the quota usage only shows the whole
file system usage which I don't want. I need the 20G quota usage, but how?.

Possible solution(not tested yet): use "get quota command" in smb.conf
to fake the usage of the share? But this is a global setting, and It
will effect other shares with user quota activated, right?

Any workaround?

Thanks,

Allen