[Samba] Filesystem does not support posix ACLs

Ghassan Elrayah ghassan.elrayah at live.de
Thu Nov 14 06:19:21 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to create a build on CircleCi with smaba4 AD. It seems the filesytem doesn't support ACL's, which s3fs requires. I get the folowing error:

  ERROR(<class 'samba.provision.ProvisioningError'>): Provision failed - ProvisioningError: Your filesystem or build does not support posix ACLs, which s3fs requires.  Try the mounting the filesystem with the 'acl' option.
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 538, in run
     backend_store=backend_store)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py", line 2316, in provision
     backend_store=backend_store)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py", line 1921, in provision_fill
     names.domaindn, lp, use_ntvfs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py", line 1649, in setsysvolacl
     raise ProvisioningError("Your filesystem or build does not support posix ACLs, which s3fs requires.  "
Exited with code 255

I tried to provision the doamin with the options --use-ntvfs and --with-ntvfs-fileserver, but the options seems to be removed, and I get the error:

samba-tool domain provision: error: no such option

I don't have the possibility to remount the filesystem with acl option. Is there any way to provision a domain on such a filesystem?

Thanks for the help.

--

Beste Grüße

Ghassan Elrayah