[Samba] Samba DC to Samba NT4 Domain Trust

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Nov 2 08:11:00 UTC 2019

On 01/11/2019 22:23, Vex Mage wrote:
> The script is expecting dpkg however this is a Red Hat derived distro
> (Fedora Server.)

Where did you get the Samba packages from ?

If they are the default OS packages, then you should stop using them,
they use MIT kerberos and are experimental.

> Here is the output as I believe the the one real command dpkg was
> needed for was for bind packages and we're using Samba internal for
> dns. I'm a little confused from this output regarding the kerberos srv
> record. It's using the base of the domain for which it isn't
> responsible for however; all workstations and the servers are using
> the Samba DC for their DNS so I assume this is acceptable?
>
> [root at samba4 ~]# cat /tmp/samba-debug-info.txt
> Collected config  --- 2019-11-01-15:02 -----------
>
> Hostname: samba4
> DNS Domain: engr.ucsb.edu <http://engr.ucsb.edu>
> FQDN: samba4.engr.ucsb.edu <http://samba4.engr.ucsb.edu>
> ipaddress: 192.168.0.251

No need to go any further, your realm is 'SAMBAAD.ENGR.UCSB.EDU' so your
dns domain MUST be 'sambaad.engr.ucsb.edu'

To be honest, I would just start again, but either with a different OS
(Debian ?) or find Fedora Samba packages that use Heimdal instead of MIT.

Rowland