[Samba] GPO problem ACL permission

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun May 26 19:32:59 UTC 2019

On 26/05/2019 20:18, Epsilon Minus wrote:
> The output is different:
> root at DC04:~# samba-tool gpo aclcheck -Uadministrator
> GENSEC backend 'gssapi_spnego' registered
> GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5' registered
> GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5_sasl' registered
> GENSEC backend 'spnego' registered
> GENSEC backend 'schannel' registered
> GENSEC backend 'naclrpc_as_system' registered
> GENSEC backend 'sasl-EXTERNAL' registered
> GENSEC backend 'ntlmssp' registered
> GENSEC backend 'ntlmssp_resume_ccache' registered
> GENSEC backend 'http_basic' registered
> GENSEC backend 'http_ntlm' registered
> GENSEC backend 'krb5' registered
> GENSEC backend 'fake_gssapi_krb5' registered
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name
> _ldap._tcp.CLINICAGUEMES.COM.AR<0x0>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name
> _ldap._tcp.CLINICAGUEMES.COM.AR<0x0>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> Password for [CLINICAGUEMES\administrator]:
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
> resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc04.example.com<0x20>
>
> Is suspect the message: resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for
> name dc04.example.com<0x20>

No, you have 'log level = 2' set in smb.conf, if you remove all the
lines printed because of this, you get this:

root at DC04:~# samba-tool gpo aclcheck -Uadministrator
Password for [CLINICAGUEMES\administrator]:

Now, provided you did enter the password for 'Administrator', then you
do not have a problem, because it didn't print an error message.

I suspect that you have a similar problem on Windows, you user doesn't
have the required permission.

Rowland