[Samba] Debugging Samba is a total PITA and this needs to improve

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Tue May 21 15:42:50 UTC 2019

On 21.05.19 16:23, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Sven,
>
> Fist fix the smb.conf as i suggested, cap and non caps where it should be.

As I understand, I can just drop netbios name settings anyway?

> Fix krb5.conf

On the member server, or on the DCs too?

> Then how many DC's are you having?

The four I provided logs for.

>> So, could somebody maybe help with the NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_DB_CORRUPTION
>> / DRS replication issue? Or will it be easier to just demote
>> the DC and provision a new one?
>
> Are all DC's having problem, if the DC with FSMO does not have problems.
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Manually_Replicating_Directory_Partitions

NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_DB_CORRUPTION and the logon issues happens on
villach-dc-bis; FSMO holder would be graz-dc-sem, that one looks
good-ish as far as I can tell.

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
✉ sven.schwedas at tao.at | ☎ +43 680 301 7167
TAO Digital   | Teil der TAO Beratungs- & Management GmbH
Lendplatz 45  | FN 213999f/Klagenfurt, FB-Gericht Villach
A8020 Graz    | https://www.tao-digital.at