[Samba] Upgrade from 4.9.8 to 4.10.3 on Centos using Sernet Packages

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon May 20 23:28:04 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 3:40 PM Tom Diehl via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 May 2019, S?rgio Basto via samba wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2019-05-20 at 11:15 +0200, Christian Naumer via samba wrote:
> >> we have a 4 DC environment running on Centos7 with the Sernet-
> >> Packages.
> >
> > Just curiosity , are Sernet-Packages available for free ? or these
> > packages have a fee to pay ? , if they are free where are they ?
>
> No, they are not free.
>
> See https://shop.samba.plus/en/samba for pricing.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Tom                     me at tdiehl.org

If you have some development time, you can build it from my published
SRPM building tools at https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo/. But my
tools demand that you set up "mock", and and have plenty of disk space
to build the OS images and compile the various OS versions. You can
tweak the Makefiles to build only CentOS 7, but it still takes time to
do all the builds and get them published. It does also enable the full
domain controller features, but it does not include commercial
support.