[Samba] Replication failures

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri May 3 07:30:41 UTC 2019

Hai Mason,

Good to see you found something here.
I've lookup that part .. and asked for a small update on that bug report.

> Apparently this zone scavenging is not compatible with my setup.
No, as said, first you need to fix/setup your dns.

Ofcourse thats up to you, but it can bit you in a the long run, if you dont change it.
Also, the zone scavaening is only supported on new setups domains/zones.

I've tested this in my production also, and yep, we have a bug here.
Same crashes, but i have also old zones.

I'll go search if there is an bugreport on this.

Greetz,

Louis