[Samba] Replication failures

M B mmx at exm0.net
Fri May 3 06:22:59 UTC 2019

This line in smb.conf was causing "samba: task[kccsrv]” to PANIC and crash after 15-16 seconds.

When I remove this line, the kccsrv is stable again and “samba-tool drs showrepl” gives the normal output.

“dns zone scavenging = yes”

Apparently this zone scavenging is not compatible with my setup.

This also partially answers my other post about zone scavenging on domains that were set up prior to samba version 4.9