[Samba] RPC Server Unavailable - Error

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Mon Jun 24 10:01:12 UTC 2019

Hi,

The problem still persists. Just now, we got the "RDC Server
unavailable" error in one of the server. When this error is reported bu
RSAT, there is no specific log in the logon server. Also, samba-tool
dbcheck reports '0' errors. We stopped samba service on the logon
server, close RSAT and reopen, there is no error. Or when we simply
restart the samba service, the error disappears.

Downgrading may may not be an option for us at the moment.

Is it related to CVE-2019-12435, that is fixed in 4.10.5? If we upgrade
to 4.10.5, will this error get fixed?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Thanks & regards,

Anantha Raghava