[Samba] setting up a new ADS infrastructure

Stefan Froehlich samba at froehlich.priv.at
Sun Jun 23 12:16:22 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 12:21:58PM +0100, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> You are coming from a PDC domain to an AD DC domain, easiest thing first,
> you do not use 'wins' with an AD DC, you use 'dns'.

I know the latter (had to delegate the zone in bind after all), but
"wins support=yes" must have been created either by Debian or by
"domain provision".

The results are available at <http://froehlich.priv.at/samba/>

> Can you also supply the AD object for 'Domain Users', I know where
> you got '100' from, but I need to see if you used it for the
> 'Domain Users' gidNumber.

Is available as well (and no, I did not, as I thought that AD
numbers have to be in the respective range > 10k)

Bye,
Stefan

--
Der Stein der Weisen, oder warum Stefan so mächtig eifert!
Sloganizer, https://www.poetron-zone.de/