[Samba] setting up a new ADS infrastructure

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jun 23 12:34:31 UTC 2019

On 23/06/2019 13:16, Stefan Froehlich via samba wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 12:21:58PM +0100, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>> You are coming from a PDC domain to an AD DC domain, easiest thing first,
>> you do not use 'wins' with an AD DC, you use 'dns'.
> I know the latter (had to delegate the zone in bind after all), but
> "wins support=yes" must have been created either by Debian or by
> "domain provision".
>
>> Can you download this:
>>
>> https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh
> The results are available at <http://froehlich.priv.at/samba/>
>
>> Can you also supply the AD object for 'Domain Users', I know where
>> you got '100' from, but I need to see if you used it for the
>> 'Domain Users' gidNumber.
> Is available as well (and no, I did not, as I thought that AD
> numbers have to be in the respective range > 10k)
>
> Bye,
> Stefan

Sorry but you have a MAJOR problem, you have this on the DC (note: it
isn't a PDC, it is a DC):

Hostname: controller
DNS Domain: synth.intern
FQDN: controller.synth.intern
ipaddress: 192.168.1.11
-----------
Samba is running as an AD DC

Then on the Unix domain member, you have this:

Hostname: herakles
DNS Domain: synthesis.synth.intern
FQDN: herakles.synthesis.synth.intern
ipaddress: 192.168.1.13
Samba is running as a Unix domain member

They are not in the same DNS domain and they must be.

I will continue examining the two new files.

Rowland