[Samba] Error transferring domaindns role [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jun 20 08:00:26 UTC 2019

On 20/06/2019 07:38, Thamm, Russell via samba wrote:
> UNOFFICIAL
> Hi,
>
> I currently have two DCs, one temporary and one permanent. Both running Samba 4.10.4 on Centos 7
>
> I tried to transfer the roles from the temporary (julius) to the permanent (titus).
>
> rid, schema, pdc, naming & infrastructure transferred without error.
>
> However when I tried to transfer the domaindns role (-U administrator), I got the old
>
> Module 'samba' has no attribute 'drs_utils'.
>
> samba-tool fsmo show indicates that titus now owns the role but I suspect that all is not right.
>
> When I search on this error, I see suggestions to transfer the role back. Surely I will get the same error if I try that.
>
> I am reluctant to try transferring forestdns.
>
> Not sure what to do!
>

> Should I try adding import samba.drs_utils to fsmo.py as I've seen suggested, wait for the bug fix or just presume that the transfer is OK?

Yes, or yes, or again yes ;-)

The command has never failed for myself, but does for others, so the
reported fix was added and is know to work. The transfer actually
happens, the error occurs when the code tries to replicate the change at
once rather than wait for the standard replication to occur.

Rowland