[Samba] Spring Cleanup / Migrating Samba 4.5 to 4.10

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jun 14 12:39:16 UTC 2019

Hai Marco,

Well, i did upgraded all the way up to 4.10, without uninstalling.
And yes, correct, if you upgraded from 4.6-4.7 to 4.9. then you had DB error, that should be fixed now.
But i still advice the step 4.8, why, just because i know that works fine.
:-)

Ps source fix:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.9_Features_added/changed#Samba_4.9.4
BUG #13760: Fix upgrade from 4.7 (or earlier) to 4.9.

> So, a direct upgrade to 4.8 can be done? Thanks.

Yes, just make user you smb.conf is correct and adjusted for 4.8 ...
BEFORE you upgrade, that will save you some hassle.
This applies for every major upgrade as in 4.5 to 4.6 or 4.8 to 4.9 ..
Any 4.x. to other 4.x.

And ... Brrr.. Italy was much better weather..  I went from 32c to 15c..
But i was good..

Greetz,

Louis