[Samba] Serverinfo Error

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jul 31 06:28:31 UTC 2019

Hai,

Just an suggestion. Since now its known what is missing/wrong.
Remove this server from the domain and re-add it.

But use the samba 4.9.11 or 4.10.6 now.

We verified almost all other settings on the server thats ok, so..
Dont remove/delete the complete server. Only the samba data.

! And make a backup of these.
Stop samba
Cleanup /var/lib/samba/  ( remove the content from the folders, keep the folders )
And same with  /var/cache/samba/

Before you start/attempt to re-join.
Check the AD of any left overs, so check the AD-DNS and AD-DB with RSAT tools.

Only then when your 100% sure then rejoin.

At least, this is what i would do.
Trying to fix it will take much more time.

@Rowland, great find with the searches..  :-)

Greetz,

Louis