[Samba] Serverinfo Error

Robert A Wooldridge bob.wooldridge at edm-inc.com
Wed Jul 31 14:16:04 UTC 2019

On 07/31/2019 01:28 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai,
>
> Just an suggestion. Since now its known what is missing/wrong.
> Remove this server from the domain and re-add it.
Since I transferred all 7 roles to this server, is it safe to remove
it?  Or is there a safe method for me to follow in order to do this?
And when I re-install it, do I have to seize the roles?

> But use the samba 4.9.11 or 4.10.6 now.
>
> We verified almost all other settings on the server thats ok, so..
> Dont remove/delete the complete server. Only the samba data.
>
> ! And make a backup of these.
> Stop samba
> Cleanup /var/lib/samba/  ( remove the content from the folders, keep the folders )
> And same with  /var/cache/samba/
Should I delete /etc/samba/smb.conf too?

> Before you start/attempt to re-join.
> Check the AD of any left overs, so check the AD-DNS and AD-DB with RSAT tools.
Is there something specific you are thinking of here?

> Only then when your 100% sure then rejoin.
>
> At least, this is what i would do.
> Trying to fix it will take much more time.
Yes, this sounds reasonable to me too.

--
Bob Wooldridge
EDM Incorporated