[Samba] samba4 domain member

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jan 6 15:59:51 UTC 2019

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 15:32:03 +0100
marco pirola via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I have 2 vps: one configured as pdc (witch ip address
> 192.168.1.6) fully functional.

Now do you mean that you have a set up an NT-style domain controller
(PDC), or do you mean that you have set up an Active Directory domain
controller (DC) ?
It makes a big difference.

>On the second vps I would like to
> create a domain member and have it join on the pdc. I read the wiki
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member
> but I can not understand the guide.

Just what do you not understand ?

>For example, pearl of krb client but does not say (use debian
>streatch)

'pearl' ?
However mention of kerberos must mean you have set up an AD DC, so
please stop calling it a PDC, it isn't one.

> what I have to install to get it.

The Samba wiki is written around using a self-compiled Samba, so you
normally need to consult your OS's documentation for what to install,
but I install:

samba winbind smbclient libpam-winbind libnss-winbind libpam-krb5 acl
attr krb5-config krb5-user ntp

>Could someone pass me a link that
> explains how to create a member of domain? Thank you for your
> cooperation

Install the above packages and follow the wiki. Any problems, ask here.

Rowland