[Samba] samba4 domain member

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jan 6 17:18:58 UTC 2019

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 17:32:35 +0100
marco pirola <mapirola81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> To configure the pdc I used this link:

Please STOP calling it a pdc, it isn't a pdc, it is a DC.

> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller.
> Now I'm trying to use the link
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member
> to create a domain member where I then create the various shares with
> the corresponding ACLs.

>What should I enter for example in krb.conf

How about what it shows here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member#Configuring_Kerberos

Replacing 'SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM' with your uppercase dns domain.

> and can I use samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive
> putting member when asked to create a working smb.conf?

NO, positively no, I am not quite sure just what you get if you do what
you proposed, but it isn't a Unix domain member.

>Did I have to join or do something else?

You need to create a smb.conf, based around your AD DC, but be aware,
the ID's (the '3000000' numbers) used on a Samba AD DC are only used on
a DC and are never used on a Unix domain member.

>I am a beginner in creating a domain member.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Rowland