[Samba] Debian 9.8 and vanbelle-repos

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Feb 22 11:16:39 UTC 2019

Hai,

Well, i did some extra checking, gone throug more logs.
... Nothing. No errors. Sorry, i cant find anything..

Almost all my server run unattended updates, execpt the DC's.

I had a few that where waiting for a reboot tomorrow night, all now rebooted,
and no problems before and after.

So its bit hard to detect whats going on at your side.
Are all you servers having this or a few. Whats the difference between these.

If a few, compair the installed packages thats what i would do.
I dont think it samba to blaim, because i see 15 servers auto-updated without problems.

And i cant think of anything expect the packages check, on what's the problem, to start debugging.

And i just noticed a new kernel update. From 4.9.144-3.0 to 4.9.144-3.1
Fix boot breakage on 32-bit arm (closes: #922478).
But your not running arm 32bit i think ;-)

So not much i can help with here i think, sorry..
I can only think of 2 things here.

1) The use of settings in idmap.conf ive shown.
2) use systemd from debian backports, its a try,
i have some server with the normal debian stretch version.
And some are on the backports version.
This depends on the server function, most samba servers are using the default systemd.

Now time to eat....

Good lunch everybody.

Greetz,

Louis