[Samba] winbind offline logon

Piviul piviul at riminilug.it
Tue Feb 19 10:11:17 UTC 2019

Il 19/02/19 09:22, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> I have suggested that we deprecate the NT4-style domains, but one of
> the other Samba team members wants to keep them. I find this strange
> for several reasons, smbldap-tools is dead and no longer maintained,
> Microsoft keeps breaking them and the client code hasn't really worked
> for some time now. The vast majority of the Samba effort is aimed
> squarely at AD domains, trying to get somebody to fix your problem is
> going to take some time, especially as it works with AD.

I can understand your point of view but I can understand even the point
of view of the people that administer our local network... the last time
I have tried to carry on the needing of upgrading to AD I have been
stopped by some users that need, for obscure reasons, to put the time of
their PCs in the past and AFAIK this is not permitted in a AD domain...

Have a great day

Piviul