[Samba] winbind offline logon

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Feb 19 11:02:30 UTC 2019

Now, dont take this personaly....
If you stopped buy users because some obscure reasons, because of things like..
 `this is not permitted in a AD domain...`
Then you really should put more time into AD.

Everything, you can do in NTDOM, you can in AD DOM.

You will getting more problem the longer these admins wait with upgradeing to AD.
You get some examples of what wont work in AD Dom setups and did in NTDOM setup.s
And post these to the list, we will have a look..

Things like this will keep hitting your network more and more... for example,
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046019/guest-access-in-smb2-disabled-by-default-in-windows-10-and-windows-ser
The line shows enough. Guest access in smb2 disabled by default in windows 10..

Now if samba denies access, it this a samba problem, no, this is a (bad) network Administrator problem.
Again, not personal, this is a more general problem i see around me.
And most problem i see, are because people dont follow the mass, stay behind, scared to upgrade,
which result in the end, in a hard time to upgrade and/or compatibility problems.

I'm saying this with 25years of system adminisitrator experience, and i've seen a lot.
And it does matter what the os is, wait to long with updateing and you get problems, more stress etc etc.

> Have a great day
>
> Piviul

Greetz,

Louis