[Samba] Password change **apparently** failing in Windows 10 with 4.7.1

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 18 13:46:49 UTC 2019

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 14:08:46 +0100
Marco Gaiarin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Mandi! Nick Howitt via samba
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> Could be that:
>
> > unix password sync = Yes
>
> Add a little delay, that ''confuse'' win10 box?

I doubt it, it is probably another artefact of the 'Windows doesn't
care about NT4-style domain' syndrome.

Microsoft EOL'ed NT domains over 10 years ago, so they just don't
think about keeping them working whilst writing code.

I do not think this is a Samba problem, the password gets changed and
can be used to log into the server, so it works from the Samba
perspective, it falls over on the Win10 computer. This, to me, points
to a Windows problem.

I have said it before and I will probably have to say it again, if
you run an NT4-style domain, upgrade to an AD domain as soon as
possible.

The problem for the OP is (if I am correct), he will have to change his
OS as well ('CLEARSYSTEM' possibly means CLEAROS).

Rowland