[Samba] SAmba 4.9 and Win XP Clients

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Feb 17 15:54:35 UTC 2019

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 10:37:48 -0500
Marco Shmerykowsky <marco at sce-engineers.com> wrote:

> Seems I can map a drive from the command line. (Didn't check that
> - it was 2:00am and I was tired with fighting this stuff)

Time you went to bed ;-)

its 15:45 Sun here.
As I said, there is no netbios browsing in a Samba AD domain, not that
it makes much difference, it is going away in Windows as well. You
have, as you have found out, have to use the shares UNC.

>   The windows graphical way to map drives isn't working.

I don't use Windows much, but I thought it was supposed to work.

> I guess no real issue if I can manually map drives.

Glad you got it working.

> Server smb.conf file (you helped with this one :) )
> It's a domain member.

Sorry, but I cannot remember every smb.conf ;-)

Nothing wrong there LOL

I would suggest you stick to using the Unix domain member as the
fileserver and the DC just for authentication.

Rowland