[Samba] SAmba 4.9 and Win XP Clients

Marco Shmerykowsky marco at sce-engineers.com
Sun Feb 17 14:53:56 UTC 2019

I tried the NTLM setting.  No change.

When I try to browse the network, I get the following error:

"internal is not accessible.  You might not have permission to
use this network resource.  The list of servers for this workgroup
is not currently available."

Here is the smb.conf from the AD machine.

[global]
         netbios name = MACHINE251
         realm = INTERNAL.DOMAIN.COM
         workgroup = INTERNAL
         dns forwarder = 4.2.2.2
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/internal.domain.com/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No