[Samba] Issue network share mapping - Windows 10

Edouard Guigné eguigne at pasteur-cayenne.fr
Mon Feb 11 17:46:56 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am facing issues to keep samba share to be mapping in Windows 10

After computer start, and first login, the share is mounted correctly.
Then user logout, wait for 5 min, and log in windows again, the share
cannot be mounted.

An "error 64" occurs, with then "the specified network path is not
available"...

My samba server is in version 3.5.6 (SMB1)
My Windows 10 client is uptodate 1609, and Worsktation is part of an
Active Directory

I tried to solve by myself, and found this :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4469342/november292018kb4469342osbuild17763167

I even configured GPO to reconnect mapped network drives via GPO in the
AD, but not better success.

With Windows 7 client, I do not faced this issue...

May you help me ?

Best regards,

Ed