[Samba] Issue network share mapping - Windows 10

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 11 18:39:27 UTC 2019

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 14:46:56 -0300
Edouard Guigné via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am facing issues to keep samba share to be mapping in Windows 10
>
> After computer start, and first login, the share is mounted correctly.
> Then user logout, wait for 5 min, and log in windows again, the share
> cannot be mounted.
>
> An "error 64" occurs, with then "the specified network path is not
> available"...
>
> My samba server is in version 3.5.6

This is a dead release, it is over 8 years old

> (SMB1)

This is dying and is insecure.

> My Windows 10 client is uptodate 1609,

No it isn't up to date, there have been at least a couple of updates
since 1609

>and Worsktation is part of an
> Active Directory

Then why not turn the Samba server into a Unix domain client ? this
will require a Samba update and very probably an OS upgrade.

> I tried to solve by myself, and found this :
>
> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4469342/november292018kb4469342osbuild17763167
>
> I even configured GPO to reconnect mapped network drives via GPO in
> the AD, but not better success.
>
> With Windows 7 client, I do not faced this issue...

That will be your next problem, Win7 mainstream support ended in 2015
and extended support will end in 2020.

> May you help me ?

We can try, tell us what OS your Samba machine is running and post
your smb.conf

Rowland