[Samba] Question about Sizing of Samba Linux Server

Geoffrey MEZERETTE geoffrey.mezerette at enovea.net
Tue Feb 5 13:20:38 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I'm jumping into this mailing list because my question still unsolved after
Googling the web.

Do you know any performance of sizing recommendations about Samba 4.7.1 ?

For few informations :

2vCPUs / 1 Core
8Go of RAM
140 simultaneous Windows users / 250 at most
20 NFS shares mounted via fstab

This question because my RAM is all eated up in the buffer/cache (normal
according to last chapter of :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Performance_Tuning).

Users are not complaining but I don't know if the servers is needing more
or less.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

*Geoffrey MEZERETTE* • Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux • Enovea •
16, rue Jacques Monod • 76130 Mont Saint Aignan • Standard +33 (0) 2 32 18
82 66 • geoffrey.mezerette at enovea.net •
www.enovea.net <http://www.enovea.net/>• <http://www.enovea.net/>