[Samba] Samba 4.7 and Editposix/Trusted Ldapsam extension support.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 5 08:34:10 UTC 2019

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 09:14:34 +0100
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> You mean this :
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning

No, I don't think he does ;-)

The only wiki page about ldapsam editposix is this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Ldapsam_Editposix

I suppose it is like everything else in Samba, it is supported now, but
could be deprecated then removed at any time.

As for a future, I really do not think it has one, NT4-style domains
regularly get broken, both by Microsoft and Samba. All the developer
emphasis seems to be going down the AD path and unless great care is
taken, it is very easy to break NT4-style domains.

I would advise everybody to upgrade to AD at their earliest
opportunity.

Rowland