[Samba] Samba public IP issue

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Dec 19 14:31:46 UTC 2019

Fix you resolving and routing tables and it should work fine.
And i can show a simple way with systemd.
No iproute, no ip rules/tables setup needed at al.

This is why i use systemd-networkd for it these days.
Then thats all done in only the config of the interface.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/debian-scripts/master/setup-systemd-networkd.sh
This script convers any setup to a systemd setup, it does not change anything.
It drops a config file where you run it and it asumes a 1 inteface and 1 ip setup.
But thats easy to adapt.

Per example.  Below will result in.
Internal, dns resolves to internal.domain.tld and domain.tld but only if the request are coming on ETH0
www.domain.tld point in the AD-DC dns to my LAN site of the webserver.
External, dns resolves to domain.tld but only if the request are coming on ETH1
These use the internet DNS, and now your routing and resolving order is correct in one setup.

# LAN interface
#/etc/systemd/network/lan-dev.network
#
# Configure global settings in /etc/systemd/*.conf
#
# Dont forget : rm /etc/resolv.conf
# ln -s /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf
#
# Note, ADDC, ntp time to same (external source)
[Match]
Name=eth0

[Network]
DHCP=no
DNSSEC=allow-downgrade
IPv6PrivacyExtensions=no
IPv6AcceptRouterAdvertisements=no
LinkLocalAddressing=no

# ADDC, IP internet NTP server
# Member, IP AD-DC for NTP.
NTP=IPS_OF_NTP_SERVERS
#
DNS=192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2
#
Domains=internal.domain.tld domain.tld

Address=192.168.0.1/24
Gateway=192.168.0.1

[Route]
Destination=10.0.0.0/16
Gateway=192.168.0.1

# WAN interface
# /etc/systemd/network/wan-dev.network
#
# Dont forget : rm /etc/resolv.conf
# ln -s /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf
[Match]
Name=eth1

[Network]
DHCP=no