[Samba] Samba public IP issue

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 19 13:38:51 UTC 2019

On 19/12/2019 12:21, cristiant--- via samba wrote:
> Hello,
> I am running two Samba Domain Controllers on as VMs installed on two
> physical hosts. I've managed to bind them and to run the replication.
> My issues is that the private IP address is advertised and the
> replication fails. Even though I update the DNS entry  after a few
> minutes the changes are overwritten and the replication fails again.
> Can someone help me with this issue? Is there any option to make this
> changes permanent? Or ruining a DC on a VM is a good approach?

So you have DC1 in one VM and DC2 in another, it also sounds like they
have IPs that keep changing.

Running DCs in a VM is an acceptable practice, so it sounds like you
have something set up incorrectly.

What are the VMs ?

What OS are they running ?

Are the IPs set on the DCs fixed or set by DHCP ?

What OS is running on computer that the VMs are running on ?

Are the VMs and the host using the same IP range ?

Rowland