[Samba] Serverinfo Error

Robert A Wooldridge bob.wooldridge at edm-inc.com
Wed Aug 21 18:55:52 UTC 2019

On 08/21/2019 12:31 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> Though it appears that errors have occurred, everything has worked to
> here.
>
>> Adding 1 remote DNS records for ATHENA2.edm-inc.com
>> Adding DNS A record ATHENA2.edm-inc.com for IPv4 IP: 10.10.1.15
>> Join failed - cleaning up
>
> It is failing whilst trying to add the new DCs A record and anything
> from here onwards can be ignored, it has nothing to do with the error.
>
> This is where you got to last time, so you know what to do to get the
> join to finish.
You mean comment out the python stuff?  I can't seem to find that
message.  Can you give it to me again?

> Once you do get the join to finish, we need to identify what dns
> records you are missing and manually create them.
I'm wondering if there's a better approach to this?  I only have around
30 accounts.  Is there any way that I can just create the same domain
from scratch with a fresh Samba machine and get rid of the old DCs
completely?  Would all the workstations be able to join the new domain
even though it would have the same name?

--
Bob Wooldridge
EDM Incorporated