[Samba] Samba related question??

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 17:43:23 UTC 2019

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 12:35 PM Robert Wooden via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Somewhat Samba related, I ask this question (that might be over the line
> and into Windows territory) but, here I go . . .
>
> Of those user on this mailing list that manage Samba installs for various
> clients/customers, what are your most used GPO policies you have put into
> place for AD management?

I've not been running GPO for quite a long time. But the gold standard
for nework security is NIST, which has many subtleties any good AD or
Samba admin should be aware of.

* https://pages.nist.gov/800-63-3/sp800-63b.html

There are fascinating little details there about password requirements.