[Samba] Samba related question??

Robert Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Sat Aug 17 16:33:05 UTC 2019

Somewhat Samba related, I ask this question (that might be over the line
and into Windows territory) but, here I go . . .

Of those user on this mailing list that manage Samba installs for various
clients/customers, what are your most used GPO policies you have put into
place for AD management?

I ask because, when you venture over into Windows world and start reading
posted articles about their "best practices" for active directory
deployments "these" are the minimum GPO's you should utilize. In these
articles, most of the GPO's listed regard security, etc, etc. Users cannot
do this or that, etc.

In a different post (to this list) recently, Louis posted this:

Do the same for the following services:
- Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub)
- Network Connections (NetMan)
- UPnP Device Host (UPnPHost)
- Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRPSvc)
- Peer Networking Grouping (P2PSvc)
- Peer Networking Identity Manager (P2PIMSvc)

Repeat the same procedure for all PCs on the network.
Or* even better, configure a GPO for it*.

It was that last line that got me thinking about this.

These were good suggestions for workstation services settings that help
Samba and workstations (W10?) work better *together*.

Could we (this list) generate a list of suggested GPO's that each of us can
decide to enable or disable as we think needed?

I thinking the most basic GPO's but, any suggestion would be welcome?

--
Thank you.

Bob Wooden