[Samba] NT style domain users on Win10 cannot connect WIFI

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 15 15:24:57 UTC 2019

On 15/08/2019 13:02, lejeczek via samba wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> I realize it's not necessarily Samba type of a question but since this
> community here is vast with lots of win experience I thought I'd poke -
> same one winstation(ver. 1903) and computer's domain users when logged
> in can connect WIFI no problems, only Samba domain users cannot (to the
> same WIFIs). Anybody?
>
> many thanks, L.

I figure I might have not put it in the clearest possible way, so..

It probably has very little(likely nothing) to do with Samba, rather
purely Win10 and its this year's update - as this problem did not exist
prior to 1903, I'm quite sure.

So, you have a winstations which are clients/member of Samba domain, now...

When Samba domains user(s) is logged in then those users cannot connect
to a wifi.

When windows local domain user(s) is logged in then it works, wifi gets
connected.

(connect to wifi the standard way windows does, with GUI)

It's pretty certain that it has nothing to do with the hardware at
windows' end as it varies(number of different laptops).

I believe it should be easy to reproduce - Samba in NT style @ Centos
7.6, latest as of today version, make your win10 (=>1903) member of such
Samba's domain and they, being logged in on winstation as samba domain
user connect to a wifi.

many thanks, L.