[Samba] NT style domain users on Win10 cannot connect WIFI

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Aug 15 16:18:07 UTC 2019

On 15/08/2019 16:24, lejeczek via samba wrote:
> On 15/08/2019 13:02, lejeczek via samba wrote:
> I figure I might have not put it in the clearest possible way, so..
>
> It probably has very little(likely nothing) to do with Samba, rather
> purely Win10 and its this year's update - as this problem did not exist
> prior to 1903, I'm quite sure.

If nothing changed on the Unix side, but the Windows side was updated
and the problem occurred, then it doesn't take a genius to work out
where the problem lies ;-)

I have said this multiple times, if you are using a Samba NT4-style
domain, then upgrade as soon as possible, it looks like Windows has
broken them again, though it could be fall out from SMBv1 being turned off.

Rowland