[Samba] Windows cannot access \\server check the spelling of the name 0x800704cf
L.P.H. van Belle
belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 12 14:36:27 UTC 2019
A (by MS recommended) workaround:
- Click Start and type "services.msc" and right click on it and choose "run as Administrator".
- Scroll through the list of services, then double click "Function Discovery Provider Host (FDPHost)"
this will bring up a new window. Next to the heading "Service Status" it should say "Running"
if it is not, then click the "Start" button.
Above that, set the "Startup type" to "Automatic (Delayed)".
Do the same for the following services:
- Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub)
- Network Connections (NetMan)
- UPnP Device Host (UPnPHost)
- Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRPSvc)
- Peer Networking Grouping (P2PSvc)
- Peer Networking Identity Manager (P2PIMSvc)
Repeat the same procedure for all PCs on the network.
Or even better, configure a GPO for it.
When the changes have been made, reboot all PCs.
Finally, attempt to access your systems over the network using an UNC path using File Explorer.
Now this is a workaround.
If everthing is configured correctly, above is not needed!
As in, i dont use it, i have set one important GPO settings, Wait for Network.
Read also :
More information about the samba