[Samba] id mapping on a dc+file server

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Sat Aug 10 16:29:47 UTC 2019

Current plan : add a third DC, make dc2 a dm file server. Best solution
imo.

Am 10. August 2019 10:47:39 MESZ schrieb Rowland penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org>:

    On 10/08/2019 09:34, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:

        Am 10.08.19 um 09:49 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:

            On a DC, as standard, the numeric IDs are allocated on a
            first come
            basis from the '3000000' range.

            On Unix domain members it depends on two things, which
            winbind backend
            you use, linked with the Domain range set in AD, the
            examples on the
            Samba wiki use '10000-999999'

        What is the reason for these decisions? Why don't DCs and DMs
        "behave"
        the same?

    I wasn't party to these decisions, but I think Samba at one point
  planned to provision member servers (in fact the code is still there,
    but doesn't actually work), if this had worked, perhaps we would all
be     using numeric IDs in the '3000000' range.

    As I said, you can get DCs and Unix domain members to work similarly
by     using the 'ad' backend, but even here there are problems, you can
only     get the IDs from AD on a DC.

    Rowland

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail
gesendet.