[Samba] id mapping on a dc+file server

Pisch Tamás pischta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 12:37:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a question again about my test environment. I have dc1, dc2,
fileserver1, and dc3. dc3 is on an another site, and is functioning as
fileserver too. As I read in the documentation, I cannot (shouldn't) use
idmap config parameters in the smb.conf on my dc3. Unfortunately, first I
copied that parameters too from fileserver1 (I use rid backend on
fileserver1). So, I removed the idmap config lines from the dc3 smb.conf.
When I create a file from Windows on a dc3 share, the owner is ok
(DOMAIN\user), but the group is users. From the dc3 command line, I can set
user, and group ownership correctly.
How can I correct the setup on dc3?
dc3:
[global]