[Samba] Problems Transferring FSMO Roles

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 16:47:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

>I don't know what you have done, but it looks like you are going to have
to seize the FSMO roles now, but use a password.
>I would first try running 'kinit Administrator' to ensure the password
>for Administrator is correct.

kinit administrator is OK.

klist -l
Principal name                 Cache name
--------------                 ----------
administrator at EMPRESA.COM.BR FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0

I believe that DomainDnsZonesMasterRole and ForestDnsZonesMasterRole there
isn´t in Windows Server 2008 DC because the Windows DC wasn't an
Authorative DNS before.

I have transformed my Windows DC in Authoritative DNS and Integraded the
Active Directory manually because I had two Bind9 DNS before as Authorative
DNS.

The command below don't shows DomainDnsZonesMasterRole and
ForestDnsZonesMasterRole:

C:\Windows\system32>netdom query fsmo
Schema master           samba4-dc.empresa.com.br
domain naming master    samba4-dc.empresa.com.br
PDC                     samba4-dc.empresa.com.br
RID pools man     samba4-dc.empresa.com.br
Infrastructure master   samba4-dc.empresa.com.br

Regards,

Márcio Bacci